Marriage Ministry at Colonial Hills
Originally, God said it was not good for man to be alone. However, putting two people with different communication styles, different worldviews, and different ways of dealing with life together in close proximity for life sounds insane when you really think about it. Though marriage was designed to be amazing, only the unmarried think that marriage is easy. Most couples understand that the original design has been subverted. Selfishness, frustration, jealousy, mistrust, stress, complacency, miscommunication, and un-forgiveness, all from an enemy that wants to kill, steal and destroy your joy, work together to undermine even the best marriages.
Three strands ministry is committed to helping couples build stronger marriages that:
- Glorify Jesus.
- Build Stronger Families, Churches and Communities.
- Disciple Husbands and Wives.
- Support Stronger Ministries.
We do this through:
- Workshops and Classes that:
- Provide a biblical perspective of marriage.
- Set realistic expectations of marriage.
- Help couples understand the differences between genders.
- Improve communication skills.
- Premarital coaching/discipleship for marriage preparation.
- Coaching for improved marital relationships and Early Interventions when problems arise.
- Referrals for professional counseling as needed.
- Retreats for recreation and intense study.
- Special event that celebrate the beauty and blessing of marriage.
I have a strong marriage, why would I attend a workshop?
Strong marriages are formed by a commitment to ongoing growth. A wise person invests their time in understanding God’s plan for their marriage and improving their marriage skills. Workshops and studies are a great way to sharpen these skills.
What about confidentiality?
Your discussions are completely confidential. No information is shared with other members of the church or the pastoral staff unless you give us permission to do so.
Is Childcare Available?
Childcare can be arranged for workshops and studies held at the church. Ask about childcare when signing up.
What’s happening in the near future?
Marriage Enrichment and Date Night
June 23rd, 2018
Class from 1-4 p.m. with childcare
Date Night with childcare 4-10 p.m.
Cost: $10 per child, $25 max per family
Who can I contact?
For more information contact Michael Curtis @ 903.316.1663 or
Patty Curtis @ 903.312.7747