Summer 2018 Workshop
Marriage is simply the most challenging and most rewarding endeavor a person can engage in. However, most people invest much more time in researching their next bass boat or home remodel than they do in learning how to make their marriage thrive. This summer we will be offering our quarterly event in two parts:
- A Saturday afternoon workshop followed by a date night with child care.
- A four week optional study on Sunday morning for continued enrichment with advanced topics.
This 4 week study will help you in exploring how to protect and improve your marriage by exploring:
- The original biblical purpose of marriage
- The effect of “The Fall” on your marriage
- The effects of the “Me Marriage”
- The path less taken, working to build your marriage
- Who you are really married to
- Gender differences and how they surface in a marriage
- How to understand your spouse (to some degree)
These sessions will be filled with humor, stories and insights from numerous sources. However, it is an intense and more in-depth class than can be covered in a Sunday School Hour. Therefore, we will be starting class a little earlier than usual.
When does this class start?
This class starts with a Saturday afternoon workshop on June 23rd from 1-4 p.m. followed by four Sunday School hour workshops held June 24th through July 15th. Each week the class will run from 9:00 to 10:45.
The Workshop will be held in the parlor. The subsequent weekly studies will be held in room F124 in the Family Life Center.
What is the cost:
To help cover the cost of childcare we are charging $10 per child ages newborn to age 12. The maximum we are charging a family is $25 so if you have 12 children, bring them all and we will take care of them. If you have 12 children you need the break.
Is Childcare Available for the Sunday studies?
During Sunday school and worship childcare is provided. Early drop-off for childcare will be available upon request.
Do I have to attend the weekly workshops?
No. You can just attend the Saturday workshop and then take the date night if you like. The subsequent studies are 100% up to you.
Can I join after it has started?
You bet, the more the merrier. Each week is a different topic so join us at any time.
Who can I contact?
For more information contact Michael Curtis @ 903.316.1663 or
Patty Curtis @ 903.312.7747