CHBC is looking for a full-time Student Pastor to join our amazing staff team. The Student Pastor is responsible for providing pastoral and program leadership and support for Middle School/High School students and their families.
• Bachelor’s degree required with seminary training preferred
• Passion for students and families
• A blend of people oriented and task driven personality traits
• Strong leadership, teaching, equipping, and encouraging abilities
• Ability to communicate effectively (written & verbally)
• An excellent working knowledge of the word of God
• A team player
• Provide overall visionary and strategic leadership to CHBC’s Student Ministry
• Recruit, screen, train, and encourage volunteers for all areas of student ministry programming, activities, and events
• Plan and oversee the Student Worship Service
• Teach the student group on a regular basis with well-rehearsed, bible based, applicable lessons
• Oversee Student Sunday School through choosing curriculum/equipping teachers
• Develop healthy communication with parents and equip them for discipleship in the home
• Oversee content of Student Ministry communications (website, newsletters, etc.)
• Plan and organize social/fellowship events for the student group
• Plan and organize retreats, summer camp, mission trips, etc.
• Responsible for Student Ministry budget and financial oversight
• Partner with Children’s Director to execute one consistent vision for CHBC Family Ministry
• Work as a team player in cooperation with other ministries in the church
• Perform general pastoral duties such as baptisms, counseling, weddings, funerals, teaching, and administering the Lord’s Supper, as necessary
• Perform projects as assigned from Lead Pastor
Colonial Hills is a multigenerational church who is committed to loving people by sharing the transformed Life in Jesus Christ. CHBC is located in beautiful Tyler, TX which is home to almost 110,000 people, and we are committed to reaching those in our community with the good news of Christ.
To apply, send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org