Sunday Jan 29th
Our Annual Car Show hosts hundreds of people on our campus to enjoy cool cars, family-friendly fun, and some delicious food! It's also a great opportunity to fellowship and create new relationships with the thriving car enthusiast community of East Texas.
Putting on such an amazing event means we need help – and lots of it! That’s where you come in. Sign up your cooking team and show off your skills and/or help out with one of our volunteer teams!
Sunday’s schedule (1/29) Family Service at 8:25, Connect Groups at 9:45, and the car Show begins at 11:00 AM.
Cooking Teams: If your class, group of friends or ministry team wants to compete by cooking chili, grilling meat, or making a dessert, we’ll reimburse up to $50 per competing team. Most tables will be set by 10:00 a.m. the day of the Car Show, so your class can set up and prepare. Electrical outlets are a commodity on the front lawn. If you are able to heat your food without electricity, please go that route.
Start Time: 11:00 a.m. (Set up any time after the tables are placed)
Set-Up/ Clean-Up: We will be placing tables, chairs, our bounce house, speakers, and yard games out on the field. We have a master diagram that shows where everything goes and where available power is. The stage needs to be set completely by 10:00 a.m.
Start Time: 6 pm Saturday Night and 7:00 a.m. Sunday Morning
Parking: The parking crew will close off the parking lot in the necessary places. We’ll have cones and flags to help direct traffic. We expect the earliest show cars will arrive around 10:00 a.m. for the best spots, so we’ll give them the spaces along Broadway. Then we’ll fill in the rest as they show up throughout the morning. Other responsibilities include directing all traffic out to the East entrance (the whole day will be one way in, one way out) and manning satellite parking, and calling the driver.
Start Time: 7:00 a.m.
Registration: This team is responsible for distributing packets to the show car owners and recording their contact information as well as car number. Early registration will start at 11:00 a.m. Registration will also distribute and count ballots throughout the day, as well as offer our spring calendar to those who return ballots.
Start Time: 10:00 a.m.
Monitors: Kids aren’t quite as interested in cars, but we want them to feel welcome, too. This team is meant to protect children and CHBC property as they enjoy our playground and bounce houses.
Start Time: 11:00 a.m.
Hosts: The Host Team will be wandering and meandering, engaging the people here and helping them assimilate to their surroundings. Hosts will do anything from saying hello to taking prayer requests or bringing food to contestants.
Start Time: 10:00 a.m.
- North and West Parking Lots closed (Elderly and handicapped park in front)
- Signs out for Parking
- Parking Directors in place
- Set-Up Begins (tables, power, cups, plates, water)
- Shuttle Routes Begin
- First Service Begins
- Bounce House Arrive
- Traffic increases with Sunday School (Leave to Heritage)
- Set Up Completed
- Early Cars Arrive (park along Broadway but do not register)
- Traffic increases with Sunday School (Leave through the gate onto Yale)
- Food Registration Begins
- Hot Dog Grill Hot and Ready
- Parking Directors guide those leaving out the back to Yale
- Cars begin to arrive / Parking Team places them
- Early registration can start
- Hosts and Monitors take the field
- Teams set up booths
- Cars Arrive in Full Force and Register
- Hosts Greet and Engage
- Kids Have Monitored Fun
- Hot Dogs, Chili, Grilling, and Dessert are served
- Ballots are picked up at Registration and Food Booths
- Ballots are Turned in at Registration / Ongoing Counting
- 200-250 Hot Dogs Ready for Eating
- Ballots Due / Counted
- Door Prize Drawing #1
- Awards Announced
- Tear Down Starts